• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP] QuickClick - Start any App with the Volume Button!

barouken

Lurker
Jan 27, 2014
Hi! I recently uploaded an application that lets you start an action
or an app with volume buttons.
Without the need of rooting your device and with easy setup.

Firstly I' wrote it only for myself (to quicly toggle a flashlight) but
then I though that I would improve it and realase it.

How does it work?

1. choose an action or an app.
- take a photo
- Toggle flashlight on and off
- make a call
- start a message
- start any of you apps!

2. set the amount of clicks to trigger the action and when service should be working.

3. Click the buttons!

The App is called QuickClick and it comes in two versions:

QuickClick

QuickClick Gold

premium version gives you more features and currently it costs only 1E

[Android 4+ required]

This project is still growing and evolving (I have some more actions planned to be added) so constructive criticism is more than welcome.
Any bug report / suggestion or request for an additional action will greatly help to improve the app.

Reactions: powerpoint45
I'm glad you bumped the thread - this looks like a pretty cool app! Kind of similar to what's accomplished by the Pressy project that I backed on KS a while back, but using hardware that's already on the device.

I'll definitely have to give this a play.

Two questions before I dive in though:
• Do volume button presses get passed through QuickClick (to adjust the volume as usual) unless the particular pattern is entered? Or, at the least, is there a way to still control the volume using the button?
• Any plans for Tasker integration? I see an awesome potential for directly triggering specific Tasks in addition to apps.

Upvote 0
• Do volume button presses get passed through QuickClick (to adjust the volume as usual) unless the particular pattern is entered? Or, at the least, is there a way to still control the volume using the button?

when you entered a particular pattern volume will return to previous position, you can disable this in
general settings.

• Any plans for Tasker integration? I see an awesome potential for directly triggering specific Tasks in addition to apps.

good idea, as soon as I find some time I will check if it is possible, thanks ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones