• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[APP] Roam Control

Hey man thanks for all the hard work. Just bought you app tonight in hopes of having the Epic4g working 100% in the future. Rooted with noobl's 1.30 kernel and the stock busybox that titanium backup installs (1.16.0) your app does not work.

How ever when I installed BusyBox from the market and it updated my busybox to version 1.17.0 your application just nukes the signal/radio when I hit the Roam Only button. I lost all radio signal completely. I can not really duplicate this bug though. I rebooted a few times and now I can freely switch between Roam and Automatic with out rebooting.

Heh at any rate cheers for making this app man, I appreciate it.

(BTW all this occured with me running the latest Epic4g update DI07)

Edit: This was with v1.1

Hopefully v1.2 will work for you. No one should need to mess around with this stuff, the whole idea is the app should just work.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that MrGreg, if you don't mind I am going to spread the word about your app across various forums?

Of course you can, I really appreciate it too. I'm sure there are lots of people in need.

In the meantime, I'm playing around with some ideas and will hopefully come up with some improvements and/or new features for the app. :)

Upvote 0
I keep getting an error message.

"Error: could not determine pid"

I have the Samsung Intercept & Sprint service.

im getting those same pid errors send me an email about it samsung intercept

:thinking:Same error message for me.

"Error: could not determine pid"

I have the Samsung Intercept & Sprint service.

This generally means your phone is not rooted.

I honestly don't know much about the Intercept, so I'd recommend to start reading through this forum:
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development/

If you are able to root your phone, I'm sure people would appreciate it if you shared how you did it!

Upvote 0
Yes, I got the same: "error: could not determine pid"
I have a Samsung Epic. I guess I am rooted, I did everything to get rooted and the app downloaded onto my phone.

Can you download "Android Terminal Emulator" from the market? When you open it, you should see a "$" prompt. Type "su" and hit enter/return. Is it showing a "#" prompt now, or did it give you an error?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones