• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App Sync with 2.2?

JuicyJones

Jul 13, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
My Mom called me the other day complaining that her Motorola Droid was running really slow after her second 2.2 update, so I drove the 45 minutes to help her hard reset it. But what surprised me is after the hard reset, I signed her back into her Google Account and about 2 minutes later all her apps started syncing back. I remember hearing that App Sync was part of 2.2 but wasn't 100% sure because I hadn't seen an option for it.

So what I was wonder is, is there a way to manage this? Turn it on/off, select what apps to sync. Is there anything on the phone that indicates that it is backing up your apps?

My Mom called me the other day complaining that her Motorola Droid was running really slow after her second 2.2 update, so I drove the 45 minutes to help her hard reset it. But what surprised me is after the hard reset, I signed her back into her Google Account and about 2 minutes later all her apps started syncing back. I remember hearing that App Sync was part of 2.2 but wasn't 100% sure because I hadn't seen an option for it.

So what I was wonder is, is there a way to manage this? Turn it on/off, select what apps to sync. Is there anything on the phone that indicates that it is backing up your apps?
Its funny, I had my apps resync on 2.1 when I had my moto droid. Something about doing a hard reset through the settings doesnt completely wipe I feel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones