• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App "unfortunately, has stopped working"

peachrings

Sep 26, 2011
Does anyone know why my INSTAGRAM app will not work??
My other apps work perfectly fine.
I have this problem with 2 different roms.
So it might be something more difficult.
I do have the sd card hack working. So it isnt "internal"
I click the app and it loads up for a few seconds and it shuts back down. Giving me the "Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped working."
Ive tried clearing cache, force stop/close and restarting the app but same problem.
Ive tried restarting my phone.
Also tried reinstalling.
Nothing works.
Any fix?

If you've used Link2SD or other cache moving apps, I get this a lot with Google wallet and Uber. Anything that has encrypted library files likes to act up when you move it to the SD card, even if it is linked. I solve this by just linking the cache of these files. I have been messing with Link2SD and SD Booster a lot, and pretty much know now wha apps I can and can not move.

Some you can't:

NoFrills CPU (Won't auto start if linked)
Voltage Control (Won't update the governor if anything linked)
Google Wallet (Crashes out if ANYTHING linked)
Uber (Crashes out when making payment, caused confusion with drivers, lol)

Thank gosh Facebook Messenger allows it now. I was getting irritated with the huge app size. You can block their auto start to prevent a nice long hang on startup from them filling your RAM before SD Booster gets Superuser privileges.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones