• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps - Cleaners and PC control of Android

muddflow

Lurker
Sep 1, 2017
I'm looking for recommendations for a cleaner, possibly antivirus and pc control.

I recently had a popup to install an app called "Fast Cleaner" from Google Play which says from Google Play it's compatible with a Casio C811 Command Android.

After installation the phone rebooted to the login screen and then rebooted again, kept rebooting each time I turned on the phone.

Eventually I needed to perform a factory reset which wipes out everything and starts new. Took quite a while to configure and re-install my apps as at first could not login to my Google account and Google Play for app installation. After several hours I eventually was able to login to Google and Google Play.

I've been looking again at various cleaners (some with an antivirus) and an app that allows control of an Android from a PC.

I just don't want to have to factory reset my Android again. I did try three or four Apps that created PC access of an Android, but each had their own problems. IIRC one was called Android. I can't recall the names of the others.

I'm looking for an App that can be run from a PC to be able to control and configure an Android from a PC. Possibly remove and configure apps, access the Android settings, etc.

I did install Android Studio which does have a monitor utility. However it a huge PC application which consumes lots of PC memory if I recall it takes up around a half gig or more of PC memory to run and runs very slow on my older PC with 4 gigs of memory

Last edited:
Reactions: honeycakes
I'm looking for recommendations for a cleaner, possibly antivirus and pc control.

I recently had a popup to install an app called "Fast Cleaner" from Google Play which says from Google Play it's compatible with a Casio C811 Command Android.

After installation the phone rebooted to the login screen and then rebooted again, kept rebooting each time I turned on the phone.

Eventually I needed to perform a factory reset which wipes out everything and starts new. Took quite a while to configure and re-install my apps as at first could not login to my Google account and Google Play for app installation. After several hours I eventually was able to login to Google and Google Play.

I've been looking again at various cleaners (some with an antivirus) and an app that allows control of an Android from a PC.

I just don't want to have to factory reset my Android again. I did try three or four Apps that created PC access of an Android, but each had their own problems. IIRC one was called Android. I can't recall the names of the others.

I'm looking for an App that can be run from a PC to be able to control and configure an Android from a PC. Possibly remove and configure apps, access the Android settings, etc.

I did install Android Studio which does have a monitor utility. However it a huge PC application which consumes lots of PC memory if I recall it takes up around a half gig or more of PC memory to run and runs very slow on my older PC with 4 gigs of memory

That's for developing and deploying Android apps of course. Is that what you're ultimately intending to do? I'm not a developer myself though, so can't really advise on what else might be suitable.

Myself, I never even directly connect any Android devices to my Mac, and usually just transfer files, docs, music, videos, etc. via WiFi.

Upvote 0
No, I use to program years ago under C++ , Delphi and other languages. I might attempt again if Android Studio didn't run so slow. Running under Vista x64 it runs too slow and uses around 1/2 gig main memory.

I'm currently mainly interested in Android Device Monitor

Android Device Monitor is a standalone tool that provides a UI for several Android application debugging and analysis tools. Android Device Monitor doesn't require installation of an integrated development environment, such as Android Studio, and encapsulates the following tools.

DDMS
Tracer for OpenGL ES
Hierarchy Viewer
Systrace
Traceview

Pixel Perfect magnification viewer

Can be downloaded from

https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html#command-tools

Apps that I have tried so far:

Desktop Notification for the Android - Works well produces a pop-up message on your PC when you receive a text message or e-mail to a Google Gmail account linked to your Android. You need to install a Chrome or Firefox add-in on you PC then enter an authorization code located under the add-on "settings".

Other PC to Android apps

AirDroid - however I remember a few problems with this one.
Android App - drag and drop files - PC <> Android, a few other features

There was one other I tried but can't recall the name of the app.

Desktop Notifications does what it's suppose to do however there are more sophisticated desktop notification apps plus desktop notifications is an included feature with other Apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: honeycakes
Upvote 0
I am not clear about your phone brand. If it is Huawei, you may use HiSuite, a Windows utility developed by Huawei, to monitor your mobile. It's simpler than Android Device Monitor. For your reference.

It's a CASIO G'zOne Commando 4G LTE C811

There are two version of the Commando earlier version C771 is a 3G phone the later version is C811 is a 4G LTE phone . I have both the earlier and later version. C771 has a 3.6 in. screen and the C811 has a 4 in. screen.

The Casio G'zOne Commando is a smartphone which is ruggedized and runs the Android operating system. Made by NEC Casio Mobile Communications, a joint venture of three Japanese electronics makers: NEC, Casio and Hitachi. It was first released by Verizon in the United States on 28 April 2011.

Doesn't have many features, compared to some of the other touch screen phones. Its main selling feature is that it is ruggedized to military standard MIL-STD-810G. People have run over them with a vehicle, hit the face with a hammer and dropped into water without causing any damage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones