• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps from my phone on my tablet?

Finally found a transformer on newegg, am I going to be able to download apps from android/amazon marketplace that I bought on my phone, onto my new tablet? I sure hope so :(

Second question, an app I bought like the game Majesty, will I be able to download the tablet version? Doesn't seem to say a different version on the marketplace but it's also listed as a tablet app online.

Depends on the app. I have a few paid apps and only one made it over. I think a lot of it depends on the responsibility of the developer. My camera app, Vignette, made it over. They are an example of a really good developer. I think most of the reputable small developers will make sure their stuff works one way or another.

My games that I bought, Bejeweled and NFS Shift, did not make it over. It seems EA likes to play games alright. They yank versions and republish it looks like. (Just read the reviews for NFS.) Which makes it impossible to load your purchases onto other devices. Heck, it makes it impossible to reload it on the device you purchased it on. Personally, I'll never buy another EA item ever again.

Then there are some apps that will make it over but won't work. So far, I've only found one of those among my list. (DOF Calculator, free fortunately)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones