• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps safe to remove?

I remove mostly all that isn't what is found in "vanilla android". Mostly Google Play books, and other extensions that aren't required for normal functions. Many have posts of what's safe to remove after root in other forums. Without the ability to unbrick I would leave it be as stock and just freeze or disable apps you have no need for. Unlike the Optimus F3 I had, this has plenty of wiggle room and power to care about a few preinstalled apps unless they are rogue and power/battery hungry.

Upvote 0
I remove mostly all that isn't what is found in "vanilla android". Mostly Google Play books, and other extensions that aren't required for normal functions. Many have posts of what's safe to remove after root in other forums. Without the ability to unbrick I would leave it be as stock and just freeze or disable apps you have no need for. Unlike the Optimus F3 I had, this has plenty of wiggle room and power to care about a few preinstalled apps unless they are rogue and power/battery hungry.

Thanks for the reply, I don't really know much about freezing apps, I 99% of the time just delete pre installed bloatware. If I freeze the apps would they still show in the phone and would they still eat up my ram for the fact that I'm not deleting them?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what apps are safe to remove, since there really is no way to unbrick the phone right now, I'm cautious of what I delete, it would be greatly appreciated if people could post what apps they removed with no problem afterwards
I rooted my ZTE Score M recently and there's an app called uninstall. It tells you what is safe to remove, apps that could be irreplaceable and system apps that are needed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones