• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pastorjosh

Sep 1, 2011
I need some help here. I apologize about my noobisity, but need a little help. I just traded my iphone for a TB. I dont want to root just yet, I would like to be really familiar with the phone first. That being said, with the iphone you could double tap the home key and force close apps. Is there any way to do that on the TB. I am sure there are things running in the background. Are there any other tips and tricks for a TB noob? Thanks for being a great forum!

You don't have to force close anything, when you close out of an app it's essentially frozen and won't use resources, except for music apps like Pandora. Also, there are 2 services you should stop, pvmtpservicestart and pvwservice. In my experience they've been useless, and I've heard that they're for blockbuster and some media syncing, but I never had a problem with them stopped. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but my extended battery dies insanely fast when they're running. Also, don't forget to shut off the automatic movie update in the blockbuster app.

Upvote 0
You really shouldn't have to go into settings and force close things that much. Android isn't like windows where it will let everything be open and bog down. Android is linux and will auto kill apps that are in the background when it needs more memory for the app you are currently using. This is done because Android is made for multitasking

Reactions: pastorjosh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones