• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

r_pie

Lurker
Aug 17, 2023
Im new to Android Development, and I need to create an app that opens another app like so:

I open App 'X', which then goes and opens App 'Y' and App 'X' closes itself in the background. Any assistance as to how I would make this? I need very specific guidance, because Im very stupid lol.

Pre-written code examples would be greatly appreciated, but a step by step guide on doing this would be insanely helpful.

edit: just tell me how to open the app from another app pls i beg

Last edited:
Im new to Android Development, and I need to create an app that opens another app like so:

I open App 'X', which then goes and opens App 'Y' and App 'X' closes itself in the background. Any assistance as to how I would make this? I need very specific guidance, because Im very stupid lol.

Pre-written code would be greatly appreciated, but a step by step guide on doing this would be insanely helpful.
step by step guide? that is a very tall task you are asking. coding android is not easy. there are a lot codes that needs to be performed for what you are asking. i am no dev, but i have rooted phones and understand a bit of android.

what you need is to find an android developer studio. you can then hire a dev to help you out. they are not cheap though:

or you can take the time and learn yourself. here are some links to get you started:

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones