• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Arc any better than the Desire HD?

LD88

Jun 13, 2011
I've currently got a Desire HD, however I have found it (not sure if it's just mine) to have poor FM radio (compared with other phones like the SGS), poor reception (particularly 3G) and a poor battery life.

I was wondering if the Arc has an specific problems in relation to the above? I know the battery life isn't supposed to be the best but is it a lot worse than other Androids?

The Arc is a good device but in my opinion a little too plasticy (although most are now).
I have sold loads to customers and had very little negative feedback other than the battery not lasting long. Have you considered the SGS2? this would be a much better replacement for your HTC and even I'm considering dropping my iPhone in favour of one.

Upvote 0
The arc's pretty much equal to the DHD in most of its specs, but its a much more reasonable size (the DHD is only one step away from being a tablet IMO) and its a much better looking piece of hardware. The arc also has a fantastic screen and the best camera on any smartphone.

Dunno about plasticy... the battery cover is made of plastic, yes, but most of the body is metal - feels pretty solid to me.

And dunno why every mobile forum has GS2 owners lurking in it lately trying to convince everyone it's the best phone... it's really weird. It's almost as if samsung copied apple's fanboys along with their bland blobby hardware. ;)

Upvote 0
I did like the original Galaxy S - only thing that put me off was the lack of camera flash... and also the fact that the reception on that phone fluctuated too much, especially when held in certain positions.

The DHD is a bit too bulky for my liking but then I suppose it's something you get used to. I'll have a look at the Desire S though - seems to be a happy medium of the lot :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones