• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

partridge

Android Enthusiast
Jun 1, 2010
ARCHOS

WOW at the specs and WOW at the price!

I hope reviews prove this to be as good as it looks, because this looks like an amazing deal

although they do talk of an optional pack of codecs, any Archos users come across this before? How much?

Looking forward to more news on this, I've been looking at Android tablets for a while and was thinking about the Asus Transformer but currently waiting for news on the Toshiba Thrive and the Sony tablets. I can't believe either of them will beat this on price though.

Totally agree with both of you. The G9 line looks absolutely fantastic - and the price is unbeatable.

I'm glad that, after the Asus Transformer completely stole the limelight (and sales) from more expensive tablets like Xoom, the G9 looks like it just may be the next runaway hit.

The Xoom's original $800 price tag (or $600 if you locked yourself into a 2 year contract) is just funny now to me. Thank you Asus and Archos for making that kind of pricing seem absolutely insane.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones