• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you a student? Want an Evo? 15% off Credit Every Month

Umm well i just need to wait for sprint to release the phone then i guess.

I have one question.

Right now I am in a family plan with Verizon. I am not the owner of the plan that is my mom.

How would i go about switching my number?

Do i do this all after they release the phone and i am able to pre-order or should I call and get a more detailed view of what i should do.

Upvote 0
They just posted it on their site it is a $25.00 credit to your Sprint account. They are assigning a unique promo code to each of their users that wants to purchase the EVO and you need to enter it while you are purchasing the phone (my guess is from Sprint). Here is the link StudentRate - Deal / Sprint HTC EVO StudentRate Member Discount

Wow. Awesome. You're a total ninja, mrpatience! I searched the forums and could not find that link anywhere. It's not limited to BU students, since it's under "bu student deals," is it?

You cannot buy the EVO through the Sprint site yet though, right? When does everyone think we can?

I believe the phone will be available for order on June 4th. That's when I'll be placing my order. :)

Actually, I just remembered that both Amazon and Wirefly SHOULD release prices on June 4th as well. I'm definitely going to have to check them out!

Upvote 0
Wow. Awesome. You're a total ninja, mrpatience! I searched the forums and could not find that link anywhere. It's not limited to BU students, since it's under "bu student deals," is it?

I believe the phone will be available for order on June 4th. That's when I'll be placing my order. :)

Actually, I just remembered that both Amazon and Wirefly SHOULD release prices on June 4th as well. I'm definitely going to have to check them out!

Come on, mannn

Upvote 0
Probably a bonehead question, but: does this have any effect on your $150 rebate on the phone? I'd hate to engage this, sign up for 2 more years and then lose that $150 that I've been sitting on while waiting for the EVO...

Maybe I should just e-mail customer care and let them sort it out.

---EDIT

THANKS for posting this!

Upvote 0
I don't think it effects the mail-in rebate, it is for all students and the additional rebate may cover the BB device as well this is according to studentrate person. He said that they are considering extending the offer to the Blackberry device as well.

The deal is not only for BU students -- it is for everyone.

Upvote 0
At least Sprint's Customer Service Department is exciting....who knows what they'll tell you...

Didn't even read my questions about StudentRate.com, just a stock answer.

"Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the discount.

We do not offer any discount to the law students. We provide employee
discounts to our Sprint customer based on the company that they are
working with.

If you work for any company, please reply to this e-mail with the
following information:

-Name of your company
-Your immediate supervisor's name and phone number
-Your complete employment address

The employee discount will also require a new two-year Sprint Subscriber
Agreement on all the lines active on the account. Therefore, please
reply with your confirmation along with the above details and we will be
glad to add the appropriate discount to your account (If available).

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns.

Sincerely,
Anjelle R.
Sprint"

Upvote 0
Basically your contract expiration date would update to two years from the day you are accepted into the 15% discount program.

I got an e-mail today stating that I've been accepted and that it will take a billing cycle or two to show up on my bill.

I've basically dropped my bill by $25 a month $170 - 15% so I'm basically $15 a head even with the Evo tax...sweet!

Last question. I'm currently out of contract and have pre-ordered the EVO. I realize that when I use my $150 rebate for the EVO, I will have to sign another 2 year deal with Sprint. Does this StudentRate deal add an additional 2 years meaning, June 2014 would be my new end of contract date, or am I overanalyzing this?

It is a great deal, but I'm not sure I want to be contractually obligated for 4 years. Hopefully, I'm reading this wrong.

Upvote 0
Last question. I'm currently out of contract and have pre-ordered the EVO. I realize that when I use my $150 rebate for the EVO, I will have to sign another 2 year deal with Sprint. Does this StudentRate deal add an additional 2 years meaning, June 2014 would be my new end of contract date, or am I overanalyzing this?

It is a great deal, but I'm not sure I want to be contractually obligated for 4 years. Hopefully, I'm reading this wrong.

No I don't believe it does. I believe it simply restarts the contract. So say you were 4 months in, you're now back to 24 months as opposed to 20 more months before contract is over.

Upvote 0
No I don't believe it does. I believe it simply restarts the contract. So say you were 4 months in, you're now back to 24 months as opposed to 20 more months before contract is over.

I think you are right you get the rebate regardless of where you order so when the phone is available on sprint/studentrate web site just order it from there and get the rebate so the contract extension will only be 2 years not 4.

Upvote 0
Sort of off topic, I apologize.

I am going to be a new Sprint customer on the 4th and was wondering if a 15-20% discount on the $79.99 Evo 4g plan would prohibit you from qualifying for the Sprint Premiere program after the first six months? The base plan is $69.99 and the $10 is an additional fee that I don't think counts toward the Premiere qualification. To rephrase the question, if you are on the $69.99 plan and then reduce the total price by 15-20% does it disqualify you from Premiere?

I know I asked it twice but hopefully the question is clear.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones