• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you covering your Droid or leaving it as is?

I was using the clear plastic snap on hard cover and I hated it. Just bought the shell/holster combo from my VZW store and no complaints so far with it!

Also using the VZW screen protector, but I think I am going to order one of the Boxwave Crystal screen protectors to take its place.

Side note on Invisible Shield, I had it installed by them when I had my LG Voyager, and wow the biggest waste of money I have ever spent! Horrible gunky feeling to the phone, kept peeling off, didn't have the smooth feel of the touch screen. Just my .02

Upvote 0
This is my first post here, so hello y'all! I've read pretty much everything in this thread, and it's pretty informative. However, I don't really need a pouch like most of you men do. I would imagine that keeping a phone in a back pocket or a briefcase would require a pouch. But being a woman and always having a purse by my side (with an inner pocket for a cellphone), what I want is a snap-on cover for my new Droid. My girlfriend has the black texturized, rubberized one that's from Verizon and she loves it. I don't want a black one or even the pink rubberized one they offer, so what are my options? I've looked online and found a blue one, also a red one I'd like. But how do I know if they'll actually fit the Motorola Droid if they're made by a 3rd party? I've seen posts on here and on other Forums by people who bought them online and then were sorry because they were either bad quality or didn't fit properly. Anyone who was happy with what they found? I'm such a newbie and really need some help with this.

Thanks so much.

Upvote 0
When I had my first Droid, I bought the $30 snap-on hard case. I think it interfered with my reception. It seemed much heavier, too. (Like a brick that could knock someone down if it were thrown hard enough. :p )

I just got my Droid this weekend and until now I have had Verizon's rubber case on it. Just today I was joking with my friends that the thing was so bulky I could throw it through a window. :D This thread has finally convinced me that the case is unnecessary. I loved the Droid but hated how thick and heavy it felt. Without the case it feels so much lighter and slimmer. I have insurance on it and I figure I might as well enjoy the phone instead of being paranoid about keeping it in mint condition. Anyway I am careful with my gadgets and the Droid seems pretty durable. I might get an invisible shield though.

Upvote 0
I've been packing mine naked (no rubber case, had one and hated it) inside a leather pouch. When I take the phone out of the pouch, there is nothing on it... I don't even have screen protectors (had those too and hated them).

I've been packing it naked for the last 3 months and have not incurred even the first scratch. People, this is not a fragile phone and can withstand normal use. Of course, I do exercise care and caution much like I would with a computer, and this is more than enough. I enjoy the Droid as it is and not all covered up.

Upvote 0
I have nothing on it. I probably should get something soon though. I don't know how any cases will work out, as it has the slider mechanism. But yeah, the other day I was being stupid with my friends and running somewhere (in the road) and i tripped and my Droid hit the pavement lol, and I got really lucky, because the only part that hit the pavement was the very bottom left corner. The bottom left corner is slightly scraped up but that's all, and everything works fine :) I'm considering getting just a screen protector for it because I really don't know if I want a case to make it any bigger, but would you guys suggest getting a screen protector or will I just be better off keeping it plain?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones