• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you planning on buying the Incredible HD/Vigor/Rezound?

Was sitting in class the other day perusing this site on my Laptop and the guy next to me typing away on his Macbook says:

Him: "Have you seen the Specs on the new iPhone 5 coming out? It's going to be awesome!"
Me: "Nope, not interested in an iPhone. I Like Android devices and will be waiting for the Vigor to come out."
Him: "I don't like Android phones. They're not as good as an iPhone"
Me: "The Vigor will have a 1.5Ghz Dual-Core Processor, and at least 1Gig RAM with 4G service."
Him: "Is it a Tablet?"
Me: "Nope, A phone."
Him (Wide eyed): "Dual-Core on a phone?"
Me: "Yup. The Droid Bionic is already out with a 1Ghz Dual-Core Processor and 1Gig RAM and is running 4G."
Him: "Oh."

AND.. While Paying my Bill today I noticed that they are giving me an option to update my phone early even though my NE2 isn't till May 2012.

SOOO... Hopefully I'll be watching him drool as I wave a brand new Vigor in front of his face after the first week of Oct while he is stuck with his iPhone 5. :D

Upvote 0
The difference in iPhone users and Android users is that they get in line and like being told what they should buy....like being told what is cool...like what is perceived to be cool...etc....etc. The only real reason that anyone should want an iPhone, is simplicity (and is likely the case for some)...one OS version on one single manufactured device. It's just like all those cartoon-like CG videos we see on youtube that make them look dumb. For Android users, (we could all state our own opinions) but for me I get options and customization. I can get different skinned(flavored) versions of Android on different flavored manufactured devices. Choices' is what I like and I can't get that on an iPhone. It's their way or no way at all. I don't use iTunes and don't like being told that I have to use iTunes. I don't like being told period what I should or have to do, or use. Android for live for me!!!!

http://youtu.be/Vq7c-mPBzpk

Upvote 0
I don't use iTunes and don't like being told that I have to use iTunes.

lol, It's funny that you brought that up, because so did he. He was like "What about iTunes? How do you get your music and stuff?" He looked at me funny when I told him that I don't ever use iTunes, and that I don't even own an iPod anymore. And that I can get everything I need right on my phone quite easily.

Upvote 0
I hope that it comes out on the 5th or 6th as I have a Droid X that is limping along, and well that's pay day :) I was playing around with my roommates Bionic today and I dunno it just didn't do it for me...glad I didn't jump out and get it right away I would've been severely disapointed...

I'm going to hope and pray that this baby has a better battery life than my OG Inc that I had, if it doesn't I'll just return it and hoefully something better will be out otherwise I'll put up with the Bionic's Blur which surpringly enough I like the old Blur as compared with the new Blur...for me it was old Blur, Sense, touchwiz, now that's shifted again when I was playing around with someones Evo 3D, and the roommates Bionic

Upvote 0
Now for the real question...
When will they come out with a battery cover that has a kickstand attached? Ok, ok, I know this isn't really a big deal, but I've got to admit, I love the kickstand on my TB. :)

Somebody will maybe. Personally, the thought of running a phone this expensive without a case scares the heck out of me. So it becomes when somebody releases a case with a built in kickstand.

Upvote 0
Somebody will maybe. Personally, the thought of running a phone this expensive without a case scares the heck out of me. So it becomes when somebody releases a case with a built in kickstand.

It's kind of funny, because I'm a gadget kind of guy and very meticulous about my stuff. My 360 and PS3 games are immaculate, I keep my stuff in really good shape and I've ALWAYS covered my phones. I've had the TB since launch and had it in its case until late June. The wife, the kid and I all went to Disney and after carrying the phone around everywhere we went I decided to try it case-less as it was a bit lighter and more streamlined. I can't go back now. I'm still just as cautious, I still baby the heck out of it, but I can't do the case anymore. Yes, I do have insurance, so if push comes to shove I'll be okay I guess, but for me, this is a big step. My wife is proud that I broke one of my OCD tendencies, haha.

Upvote 0
That would be cool. I just hope that there is a car dock and that the extended battery doesn't stick out too far.

I too have the car dock for the TB and it is such a life saver. Great for GPS, great for texting (voice input as to not break the law) and REALLY great for giving you a zap of juice during the car ride home from work. Another reason why I like running the phone case-less now. It can go straight from my pocket to the car dock.

Upvote 0
I too have the car dock for the TB and it is such a life saver. Great for GPS, great for texting (voice input as to not break the law) and REALLY great for giving you a zap of juice during the car ride home from work. Another reason why I like running the phone case-less now. It can go straight from my pocket to the car dock.

I use the car dock for my DX almost every day, so I wouldn't be able to go without it. I also an running my DX caseless because I have the extended battery and I couldn't find a case that would fit in the car dock with the extended battery. With the rubber back on the Vigor, i think I'll feel comfortable without a case. I hope it will be able to fit in the car dock with the extended battery.

Upvote 0
I use the car dock for my DX almost every day, so I wouldn't be able to go without it. I also an running my DX caseless because I have the extended battery and I couldn't find a case that would fit in the car dock with the extended battery. With the rubber back on the Vigor, i think I'll feel comfortable without a case. I hope it will be able to fit in the car dock with the extended battery.

That's a valid concern...the car dock is a MUST. I had mine for the TB about a week before the phone itself came out just sitting there on my windshield.

Upvote 0
Very interesting. I guess HTC know the Incredible name is very well established.

Here are the latest specs I saw this morning:

HTC Droid Incredible HD runs Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread OS with HTC Sense UI 3.5 on top of it, sporting a large 4.3-inch display with HD resolution of 1280 X 720 pixels, 1.5GHz dual-core processor ticking inside, a full gigabyte of RAM, an 8 megapixels of rear-facing camera to record 1080p HD video, an additional 2 megapixel front facing camera with LED flash to make video calls, 16GB built-in memory storage, micro card slot for memory expansion up to 32GB, a pre-installed 32GB microSD card, Bluetooth 3.0, 802.11 Wi-Fi b/g/n connectivity, Mobile Hotspot functionality to share 4G LTE speeds up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices, A-GPS, Android Market, 1620mAh battery with wireless inductive charging capabilities, a whole host of the Google services and all regular features of an Android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones