• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Armband for Epic?

arkon sm-armband. It's pretty much the only one they have. Can fit an iphone to an epic and is under $15. Check out ebay (just search arkon armband) or do a google search for arkon sm-armband and go to the shopping link. Or just go to Provantage and get it for about $13 shipped.
51Isr1W-gnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reactions: KoukiFC3S
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Arkon armband headphone opening acutally lines up with the Epic jack, but since it's kinda snug, you have to adjust it before plugging in your headphones. Or you could take a single hole punch to make it larger (or scissors for that matter).

The best solution imo is to use bluetooth headphones. Who the hell wants wire flapping around while working out? ;)

edit: btw, here's the webpage for the sm-armband: http://www.arkon.com/sports_armband/epic_4g_armband.html

Upvote 0
I am curious in regards to the Motorola armband. I have been using my Zune case (Original 30GB Zune) and the Epic fits snugly, but while running sometimes it seems like my GPS loses signal (Stock EB13) and when I look at the route on runkeeper it looks like I am running through houses. With the Motorola armband or even the Arkon, has anyone had any issues with the GPS jumping them on their route?

The last time I ran, Runkeeper told me I ran only 1.75 miles when it was actually 2 miles. The 1/4 mile may not seem like much, but when tracking personal stats, it is a pretty big difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones