• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've had the hard plastic cases on other phones in the past. Over time, from the phone slightly shifting around in them, they can cause very fine scratches on the phone itself. Just something to think about if you care about that sort of thing.

More proof of the hard case scratches here.

And the hard rubberized case, is just a hard plastic case with a very thin layer of silicone rubber over the exterior of it. After a few months, the thin rubber coating tends to wear away at the corners.

From that experience, I went with an actual rubber case for my Ascend. The brand is Amzer. It is solid rubber, and offers more grip to help keep from dropping the phone by accident. The corners are also thicker to help protect it in the event that you do actually drop it. It does not cover the Cricket logo though.

Here's an example of one I am talking about.
Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case Huawei Ascend M860 Black - eBay (item 120692048747 end time Mar-31-11 13:30:32 PDT)

I found mine on eBay for 99 cents with $3.00 shipping, so shop around. You can get them in other colors.

Upvote 0
I've had the hard plastic cases on other phones in the past. Over time, from the phone slightly shifting around in them, they can cause very fine scratches on the phone itself. Just something to think about if you care about that sort of thing.

More proof of the hard case scratches here.

And the hard rubberized case, is just a hard plastic case with a very thin layer of silicone rubber over the exterior of it. After a few months, the thin rubber coating tends to wear away at the corners.

From that experience, I went with an actual rubber case for my Ascend. The brand is Amzer. It is solid rubber, and offers more grip to help keep from dropping the phone by accident. The corners are also thicker to help protect it in the event that you do actually drop it. It does not cover the Cricket logo though.

Here's an example of one I am talking about.
Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case Huawei Ascend M860 Black - eBay (item 120692048747 end time Mar-31-11 13:30:32 PDT)

I found mine on eBay for 99 cents with $3.00 shipping, so shop around. You can get them in other colors.
OH my, Isn't that the most manly looking cover case I've ever seen! That totally would not work for me. I just found that there is this stuff that they use for glasses that gets a rid of surface scratches. Well, It works on my Ascend paint. LOL.

Upvote 0
It just looks like an old Kyocera cell phone I had. The unbreakable monster of a phone I threw at so many unsuspecting inanimate objects. LOL.

My first phone ever was a Kyocera. It survived everything. A car crash, dropped multiple times, throwing at a wall, kicked down the stairs, spilled drinks, etc.. The exterior of the phone looked like garbage, and the battery cover was permanently attatched by a hot glue gun, but it still continued to work just fine.

Same one I got. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones