• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DirtyMark

Lurker
Oct 26, 2023
My wife has a Samsung Note 10+. She decided to change her case & went on Amazon & purchased a Love Me case. Looked good, had screws to put case together, no screen cover, but I figured I would get separate temper glass screen protector. Case came in & I installed phone into case. Strange thing, once I had case on, a notice on the screen came up offering to change my OS system!? WTF. Any comments or thoughts about this? Have I invited the CCP into our life? I did not choose to change, but if this is some micro tech in the case, I'm hard press to believe a chose was an option.

Can you get a screen capture of what it's suggesting to install? Or at least the name of the OS or Home Screen?

It looks like the case supports wireless charging, so I wonder if there's a simple NFC tag that activates the suggestion when you first put on the case. I looked a bit and don't see anyone else mentioning it... what's the Amazon seller name? Maybe it's something they add to the case as a 3rd party intermediary to try to generate extra revenue?

Pretty curious about this. Very weird. Aside from the weirdness, do you like the case?

Upvote 0
Can you get a screen capture of what it's suggesting to install? Or at least the name of the OS or Home Screen?

It looks like the case supports wireless charging, so I wonder if there's a simple NFC tag that activates the suggestion when you first put on the case. I looked a bit and don't see anyone else mentioning it... what's the Amazon seller name? Maybe it's something they add to the case as a 3rd party intermediary to try to generate extra revenue?

Pretty curious about this. Very weird. Aside from the weirdness, do you like the case?
No I didn't get a screen shot. There was no name of the OS it was referencing. Seller: Bpowe Technology Co LTD. As for liking the case, yes I do. We don't mind the 'large' appearance. I still have to get a screen cover. I read on a nother post where person bought Love Me case for a Samsung phone & says the case cause the temper glass protector to crack once case installed. His post did not mention the oddity I mentioned, but his point about damaging the screen protector caught me eye with a Love Me case.

Upvote 0
That is a possibility, but even if so, how would pushing buttons generate an option to change OS system?
I know of nothing that would prompt an OS change. Being as the phone was on during installation, the possibility that a combination of inadvertent button pushes just came to mind as a possibility.

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones