• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Assigning rings to different email contacts?

J

jbuck886

Ok so I have my Gmail all set up on my Droid X and it works awesome. What I want to do is assign a specific ring to a specific email address. I would like it so when I get an email from that person it has a different ring than the other. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks in advance!

Hmm I wonder if there is an upcoming app for it. It would be really nice because while at my internship my academic advisor usually emails asking me how work is going. It'd be nice if I could have a different tone so I know its school related and not just something from Facebook.

Upvote 0
Ok so I'm blonde and VERY new to this. How do I set a specific tone for a specific person. I have searched on the phone and have tried to figure it out and can't seem to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated!
click on the persons name in your contacts list scroll down some you will see ringtone then pick one click save.

Reactions: SuperGranny
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones