• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Astrid warning re Sprint Update: What's it mean?

Got a Samsung Moment a couple of weeks ago. Last night starting using Astrid (Task/ToDo app), which came pre-installed on my phone.

When I launched Astrid for the first time, I got a warning message -- something about making sure Sprint Update or Sprint Updater doesn't kill Astrid, or ruin it, or something. :eek:

Clearly, I didn't understand the message. But I clicked "Okay" anyway, and started using Astrid.

But I'm worried that a Sprint Update could erase all my Astrid data -- my To Do's. I'm reluctant to create many Astrid tasks until I know how to prevent them from being unexpectedly erased. My questions:

• Can anyone explain the situation to me? (e.g., I have no idea who/when/how/where/what Sprint updates)

• Can anyone explain what I need to do to prevent the catastrophe about which Astrid was warning me? :)
Thank you.

There's an update for the Moment which takes it to version CL14, used to be through the Sprint Stores only but looks to be able to be done from home now. Anyway, when you go through with the update it resets your phone getting rid of all your apps and any info in them. Your contacts are sync'd with Google so those are easy to get back and all but the apps you'll have to re-download and install. I bet that's what it's talking about. If your version is already CL14 you should be fine and if not, I suggest updating as it really does improve battery life among other little things.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones