1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips AT&T Bloatware is Removable (no Root)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crea78, Feb 19, 2011.

1. crea78

crea78 Newbie

Flixter over at XDA forums has successfully removed all the AT&T bloatware without even rooting the Atrix.

"I have successfully removed everything that At&t added to the phone including At&t Barcode Scanner, NFS Shift demo and Blockbuster, Etc. No root was needed for this. Hope this makes everyone happy." The only thing that wasn't removed is the DLNA app which can be useful to those with compatible TV sets.

At&t Bloatware is Removable - xda-developers

Advertisement

solojohnson83, Simba501 and John I like this.
  2. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

This phone just keeps getting better and better! Good to see they made the bloatware so easily removable.

3. John I

John I Well-Known Member

I loved reading this part:

"I actually took a couple of seconds to look at it just now just to compare it to the iPhone 4 and the Epic 4G and to all honesty I love this one better. It actually looks very nice and crystal clear. Very crisp image."

I am switching from Captivate and the screen is something I worry about. Can't wait to do my own side by side tomorrow with Atrix and Captivate.

John

4. Jp77

Jp77 Member

Thiis great news. Cant wait to see it for myself.

5. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

Good to hear

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Well this was rumoured from the reviewers but it's great to get a 100% confirmation from the owners :) I think this is how carrier should be doing thing! Removable bloatware!!! :)

7. tcc1

tcc1 Newbie

howd you do it? could this work on newer at&t smartphones phones?

8. petesimon

petesimon Lurker

I have the Atrix 4G. After I rooted the phone, I use ES File Explorer (versions 1.6.x.x) and activate root access and mount /system as read-write (rw). I go into the /system and then app or any other folder desired, and rename or movie anything there.You can find that app in the android market under "file manager" or "file explorer".

9. QR25DE

QR25DE Newbie

>Settings
    >Applications
    >Manage Applications
    >"All"
    >Find specific bloatware app (NFS Shift as I write this)
    >Open
    >Select "Uninstall" from the top.

10. Bushman512

Bushman512 Lurker

will this work on a atrix on the bellcanada network?