• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

Ah true, I'm guessing (hoping) it would be June 21st like Sprint and T-Mo but it looks like we still have to wait for the official word. I think Verizon is the only other carrier that hasn't specified a release date yet.

Edit: US Cellular is releasing theirs sometime in July

It won't be the 21st as at&t always releases phones on a Sunday. The nearest Sunday after would be the 24th.

Reactions: bucsfan
Upvote 0
This is so disappointing. Why would ATT be the only of the 4 carriers not to offer a 32 gig? Is it just that the supply line of 32 gigs with LTE radios is short? A red color is hardly a consolation. I am now considering waiting to see if it will eventually be released in 32 gig. And what even happened to the announced 64 gig version? Was that just scrapped altogether?

Upvote 0
Best Buy opened pre-orders for it today ;)

GS3.jpg

I heard ATT will open the preorder website at midnight tonight

Upvote 0
I posted this in an earlier thread but it was under a verizon title so I got no feed back. I'm going to give it a second try.

Alright so I can't wait for this phone either. I called my local Atnt store and they said that I can actually pre order it today June 5th? The guy also said, after putting me on hold and double checking, that it will be available in the store on sunday the 10th. He said in that case I shouldn't pre order and just pick it up in the store. I'm not sure how true this is, but I will be calling tomorrow to double check.

Upvote 0
Just ordered my white 16gb version from att online store. Only $550.00. I was expecting $799.99, so I was pleasantly surprised and feel like i saved $250!

And if you order now, barring Apple getting customs to stop the shipments, you will get your phone by 21 June, possibly before. First come,first serve according to the website. :D

Upvote 0
got mine ordered too. right after it went live. I must be one of the first orders in. hopefully it comes early.

Keeping my fingers crossed for early arrival and no "delay" shinanigans. I got mine in about 30 minutes after it went live. I wasn't execting the west coast to be able to order until midnght Pacific time. I just randomly checked the att site and saw the pre order advert and quickly grabbed my credit card.

I haven't been looking forward to a piece of tech like this, since I got my iPad2.

Upvote 0
I posted this in an earlier thread but it was under a verizon title so I got no feed back. I'm going to give it a second try.

Alright so I can't wait for this phone either. I called my local Atnt store and they said that I can actually pre order it today June 5th? The guy also said, after putting me on hold and double checking, that it will be available in the store on sunday the 10th. He said in that case I shouldn't pre order and just pick it up in the store. I'm not sure how true this is, but I will be calling tomorrow to double check.

Why do these sales clerks give out info like this.9 times out of 10 it's wrong.

Anyway, pre-ordered online and att gave me an arrive on or before 21 June date via 2 day UPS shipment. Doubtful the stores will have them on the 10th.

Upvote 0
Actually, I just ordered from AT&T and it specifically says "arrive" on or before 21 June, barring any "delays" (read that as Apple trying to bar shipments via customs or court).

Ordering online AT&T usually has them shipped out on a Friday like the 21st, but for in store it is on the Sunday right after, so I expect stores to sell them on the 24th.

Still not sure if I am going to pick one up off contract or not. Not even sure what color I would want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones