• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] XXUBMEA firmware is German firmware OK?

aznhbob

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
New ATT i337 unlocked S4, rooted it yesterday with motochopper so how now does one get the goodies without waiting for ATT to make the new firmware available here in US? Released in Germany, June 6, CSC:I9505VIABMG, and many other countries according so Samobile. I've seen several other I337 S4's out there with the latest, but didn't know enough to ask how they did it. Got Odin (although some say there are better ones) and CWM but in coouple hours googling, haven't found the recipe yet. Need a link or step-by please. Thx

Everything you need to know is on xda, but if you have unlocked your bootloader, not unlocked your phone so it can be used on any carrier, you know that your warranty is voided, and if you mess something up your phone can be left 100% useless and unable to be fixed. But if you recognize that read as much as you can on xda around here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2261
im not sure if CWM has automatic loki injection, as i dont use CWMR, but if it does not you will need to make sure the ROM you are installing has loki. I know the google edition ROM, which is what I am currently on, does not come with loki, so be careful and make sure you know what you have and what youre doing before you do it

Upvote 0
I was just wondering when i seen this post which firmware i should have on my phone? i have a S4 GT-I9505
This is Hong Kongs, And this is the firmware that was on my phone when i bought it, both of our phones came from this region. (Hong Kong) but if i go to SamMobile and look up Germany it shows me GT-I9505 Galaxy S 4 LTE
PDA: I9505XXUEMKE
CSC: I9505OXAEMKE
MODEM: I9505XXUEMKE.
But if i look it up for Hong Kong its
GT-I9505 Galaxy S 4 LTE
PDA: I9505ZHUEMK2
CSC: I9505ZZHEMK2
MODEM: I9505ZHUEMK2 And i live in the US

Upvote 0
I was just wondering when i seen this post which firmware i should have on my phone? i have a S4 GT-I9505
This is Hong Kongs, And this is the firmware that was on my phone when i bought it, both of our phones came from this region. (Hong Kong) but if i go to SamMobile and look up Germany it shows me GT-I9505 Galaxy S 4 LTE
PDA: I9505XXUEMKE
CSC: I9505OXAEMKE
MODEM: I9505XXUEMKE.
But if i look it up for Hong Kong its
GT-I9505 Galaxy S 4 LTE
PDA: I9505ZHUEMK2
CSC: I9505ZZHEMK2
MODEM: I9505ZHUEMK2 And i live in the US

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones