• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aTAKEphONE released

Hi all,

First - thanks for your kind words, and good inputs.

1. The i-Bar - my problem is not with making it taller - it is the width. I want to still be able to put 5 buttons on the 320 wide screen, so this limits me to a 64 pixel image. From my past experience on the Palm version - since we have to keep the aspect ratio of the image, there is no gain in making the image taller...

2. A TAKEphONE widget for the Home screen is on my plans.

3. Press & HOLD on favorites, as well as selecting a contact found in the SEARCH screen (as well as pressing & holding on an i-Bar entry):
What I plan to do is build my own "Details" screen, so when you press & HOLD you will NOT see a popup menu like today, but rather see a screen (like in the Palm version) with all the contact phone numbers and details.

You will then be able to call any number, SMS any number, or do any other action using on screen icons/buttons.

Also - about to post a newer version where the hardware PHONE (aka CALL) button will be used.

So:

in the FIND screen - do a search.

A> Hightlight a contact. Press PHONE/CALL to call the default number, press OK to open "details" screen - from there you can call/sms other numbers or do many more things.

B> Tap a contact - call default phone number, tap & HOLD - open "Details"...
(or the other way around ? tap to open details (like now), tap & HOLD to call default ?)

Similar in FAVORITES, on the i-Bar.

What do you guys think ?

(BTW - it's GREAT to be able to discuss features with users again !!!!!!)

Upvote 0
any updates on this yet ... i have been waiting :)

forget the G1 .. u have to make this worth wild for the hero users now ... people with no keyboards ...

many functions that takephone have with search come with the hero .. so i am looking for some good functionality with favorites ... finger friendly and more options when selecting a favorite... that is what the hero is missing

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Happy to announce the release of a new version in the Android Market - 1.20.

Among all the improvements - now supports OS 2.1 (Droid, Nexus One, ...).

If you prefer the "try before you buy", you can get a full featured 30 days trial at ShSh Software

Thanks.

atp_manual_html_60a4e160.png

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE.

New :
- Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
- Numbers lookup.
- Auto-remove missed calls icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Just released a new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.23 (004)

New :
* Fix for Xperia X10 devices.
- Transparent skins (show system wallpaper).
- Numbers lookup.
- Auto-remove missed calls icon.
- Landscape mode.
- Handle 'x' in numbers (automated extension calling).

You can get it at the android market, or at my own website (where you can also find a full featured 30 days trial).

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Well - I promise to keep developing it with user feedback, until it will be worth the payment.

Of course - upgrades will always be free, and I am eager to hear users suggestions/remarks.

Thanks.

On the screen whenre it shows a bar with quick access numbers based on favourites - I set up only 3 favourites to show there and still the bar scrolls as if there was something more to show there.

Upvote 0
Integrate the default keyboard, add a way to just scroll through contacts (maybe), and link it up with the People app and I think we'll really have something here.

As is my policy, I'm giving it a week before I rush to judgement.

- Default keyboard - on my list.
- Scroll contacts - same.
- What is the "People" app ? what do you mean by linking to it ?

Thanks

Reactions: MisterMixelpix
Upvote 0
Do you still have a free trial? First post you had a 30 day free trial, tried that link but no workie... I don't even need a 30 day... even a 5 day or something... I know if I install from the Android Market I have the option to uninstall and refund within 24 hours... but would like to have a few days. Any chance of a short trial available?

Thanks in advance!

Randy... aka THE Village Idiot!

Upvote 0
Well I bought the app last November and I have been pleased with every update since. It just gets better and better. I like being able to see the system wallpaper even though I use a live wallpaper. I would just like the I-bar to be bigger though. I don't need to see more than three at a time as I scroll. If I need to see more then I can switch to the favorites tab.

Upvote 0
Do you still have a free trial? First post you had a 30 day free trial, tried that link but no workie... I don't even need a 30 day... even a 5 day or something... I know if I install from the Android Market I have the option to uninstall and refund within 24 hours... but would like to have a few days. Any chance of a short trial available?

Thanks in advance!

Randy... aka THE Village Idiot!

Should be working (the trial)

http://www.shsh.com/products/tkphand123_004_shsh.apk

Upvote 0
Well I bought the app last November and I have been pleased with every update since. It just gets better and better. I like being able to see the system wallpaper even though I use a live wallpaper. I would just like the I-bar to be bigger though. I don't need to see more than three at a time as I scroll. If I need to see more then I can switch to the favorites tab.

Hi,

Problem is it will have to be higher, too.

Will consider making this an option.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones