• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ATK Question

bkrenik

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
So I just installed Advanced Task Killer on my Evo that I purchased two days ago and have a simple question...

Whenever I go back to the task killer there is random apps in use like amazon mp3, sprint nav, etc that I never opened or touched is there an easy way to set it up so they don't open unless I actually use them so I dont have to keep killing the tasks 24/7????

Any feedback much appreciated! Im new to android i had a BB previously.

So I just installed Advanced Task Killer on my Evo that I purchased two days ago and have a simple question...

Whenever I go back to the task killer there is random apps in use like amazon mp3, sprint nav, etc that I never opened or touched is there an easy way to set it up so they don't open unless I actually use them so I dont have to keep killing the tasks 24/7????

Any feedback much appreciated! Im new to android i had a BB previously.

Read -> http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html#post809191

You probably should have read up on them before installing.

Welcome to the forums.

Upvote 0
To answer your question. There is no real way to stop these programs from running in the background. Even though a lot of people don't use atk, a lot do. The main problem with task killer is that it will stop programs, which in turn leds to the developers of the killed programs getting blamed for the program not working, only to find that task killer took out the program. That is why there is a real hatred for the app. But, there is nothing you can do about having these programs running in the background, so you either 1.) Use a task killer or 2.) Live with the phone slowing down and battery sucking nature of these apps. Sorry, that is the choice. If used safely, atk can double or triple your battery life. If used aggressively, it can create a mess that requires you to hard reset the phone.

Upvote 0
2.) Live with the phone slowing down and battery sucking nature of these apps. Sorry, that is the choice. If used safely, atk can double or triple your battery life. If used aggressively, it can create a mess that requires you to hard reset the phone.

Maybe there's more reading I can do about task killers that will explain this? I have tried various killers in various ways on my phone and it always ends up just being better not using one, in my situation. My battery life is fine, never seen any slowing or unreasonable battery drain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones