• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I know the guy said that he was waiving the upgrade fee... My contract is up either way... so not sure how that helped. Then he said that since I was a longtime customer they could give me a $50 break on the phone. But when he rung me up, it was $99.99 ... So i dunno.

I did review the premier pricing site for my job, and it did make mention of a discount for the Atrix. Not sure if that is what accounted for the extra $50... or if the corporate discount was $100 and could not be applied with the $50 he was speaking of.

I really wish I had paid more attention/asked some additional questions about what discounts were applied. I hadn't planned on hitting the forums. :(

I might make a trip there after work to see what the story is so I can update some folks on here.

Reactions: milk21
Upvote 0
Well, it looks like it was a corporate discount and a long time customer discount. I was unable to speak with the guy that originally helped me, he must have quit for the day. Unfortunately, the way it was rung up didn't list any itemized discounts.

I will say that when I logged in tonight to the website our company has set up for "negotiated discounts" it does list $100 off the Atrix... but it also lists the starting price as $299... and it says "your price $199". This doesn't seem to be much of a deal, but maybe the guy messed up and forced it through at 100 off the normal $199??

So who knows what happened. When I go to pick it up, I may ask for clarification AFTER I sign for it and officially own it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones