• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix Pre Sale On AT&T Website?

Does anyone even think that this phone will be out of stock come March 6th? Outside of my tech-savy friends, the general public doesn't seem to even know about this phone when I mention that "I'm waiting" for it.

I really don't think that there will be any problem finding the atrix when it comes out. at&t really isn't selling up this phone like they should. Generally the only phones that still out are iphonea anyway. We'll have our pick :)

Reactions: pixar
Upvote 0
Does anyone even think that this phone will be out of stock come March 6th? Outside of my tech-savy friends, the general public doesn't seem to even know about this phone when I mention that "I'm waiting" for it.
Dont think so... none of my friends were aware that a phone called atrix existed.. the same friends knew about the pre-order and release dates of iphone on verizon... also, the laptop dock pricing has scared away a few as well.. so dont think there ll be any issues of stock getting over

Upvote 0
I am still inclined to buy one, without the dock, without the tethering. I got the Bravo for my wife she loves it, I am still rocking the My Touch Slide unlocked on ATT with no network coverage for internet other than wifi and I want a good phone, Atrix is going to be the only "quality" phone that won't be obsolete by the time I get it out of the box. BUT I will NOT pre-order. No point in it. Plus I like to see and feel the handset before I buy. I am old fashioned I guess.

Upvote 0
I am still inclined to buy one, without the dock, without the tethering. I got the Bravo for my wife she loves it, I am still rocking the My Touch Slide unlocked on ATT with no network coverage for internet other than wifi and I want a good phone, Atrix is going to be the only "quality" phone that won't be obsolete by the time I get it out of the box. BUT I will NOT pre-order. No point in it. Plus I like to see and feel the handset before I buy. I am old fashioned I guess.

I understand what your saying but one benefit from pre-ordering would be possibly receiving the phone before launch date.

Upvote 0
My thought about not pre ordering is that you'd be locking into a $199 price by pre ordering on the 13th but between 2/13 and 3/6 I think Amazon, Best Buy, etc. will offer it at $149. Since I'll be buying two I'm gonna try to save $100 and still get it on the same release date.

@atlbuc: You are right though by pre ordering there is the possibility of getting it earlier.

Upvote 0
My thought about not pre ordering is that you'd be locking into a $199 price by pre ordering on the 13th but between 2/13 and 3/6 I think Amazon, Best Buy, etc. will offer it at $149. Since I'll be buying two I'm gonna try to save $100 and still get it on the same release date.

Since I'm getting the dock this won't really matter to me.

Upvote 0

You could have at least got a dumbphone data plan for 10 bucks.Yea it's only edge connection but it's better that nothing. This is what I have for my Mytouch3G and to be honest, AT&Ts 2G is almost as fast as T-Mobile's 3g in the Houston area. I can still use google nav with AT&T but I never could with TMO whenever I had a 2G connection.

I'll be getting the Atrix no doubt but I sure will miss my unlimited data plan for $10

Upvote 0
You could have at least got a dumbphone data plan for 10 bucks.Yea it's only edge connection but it's better that nothing. This is what I have for my Mytouch3G and to be honest, AT&Ts 2G is almost as fast as T-Mobile's 3g in the Houston area. I can still use google nav with AT&T but I never could with TMO whenever I had a 2G connection.

I'll be getting the Atrix no doubt but I sure will miss my unlimited data plan for $10

It will still be unlimited if youre on the grandfather plan, from what AT&T has stated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones