• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kiy0shi

Nov 23, 2010
Hey, I was just wondering what the difference between "preorder" and "pre-sale" is? At&t keeps referring to pre-sale for the atrix and because of these quotes it makes me think it will be available online, but not in stores until March 6.

AT&T begins pre-sales for Motorola ATRIX 4G on Feb. 13

Motorola ATRIX 4G is expected to be available from AT&T and select retail channels for customers by March 6 or earlier.

Am I just interpreting it wrong or is it possible that it will start shipping right after the 13th?

I would consider them the same. Whether order online or at a local outlet the earliest that you will actually have it in hand is March 6 (although FedEx/UPS/USPS do not deliver on Sunday).

Since your quote says 'by March 6 or earlier', if you go with presale or preorder you may get it sooner. Maybe the 4th or 5th. The original speculated date was from a document that showed a warehouse in Memphis. I can drop off a package at FedEx by Midnight and it will be at its destination by the next morning.

Upvote 0
I would consider them the same. Whether order online or at a local outlet the earliest that you will actually have it in hand is March 6 (although FedEx/UPS/USPS do not deliver on Sunday).

Since your quote says 'by March 6 or earlier', if you go with presale or preorder you may get it sooner. Maybe the 4th or 5th. The original speculated date was from a document that showed a warehouse in Memphis. I can drop off a package at FedEx by Midnight and it will be at its destination by the next morning.

I'm guessing those who pre-order early might start seeing shipments before March 6th

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones