• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix upload at 4 am

bobsupra

Lurker
Apr 16, 2011
I do love my Atrix. I noticed in checking the AT&T data usage that each night/early morning at 4 am the Atrix sends out a data package to who knows where at around 300-350 kbs. What bothers me is that is seems to be communicating via the 3/4G network and not the wifi router. The Atrix sits next to the router overnight, so there is no reason for it to access the 3/4G network.

Anyone noticed this, and, if so, why does it go there....and who is it communicating with?

Bob

I do love my Atrix. I noticed in checking the AT&T data usage that each night/early morning at 4 am the Atrix sends out a data package to who knows where at around 300-350 kbs. What bothers me is that is seems to be communicating via the 3/4G network and not the wifi router. The Atrix sits next to the router overnight, so there is no reason for it to access the 3/4G network.

Anyone noticed this, and, if so, why does it go there....and who is it communicating with?

Bob

Im not sure to who or why it's uploading data...but I might know why it doesn't use wifi!

Check your wifi settings...it defaults to turning wifi off after 15 minutes or so of the screen being locked...you can change it to never turn off!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones