• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Attach Audio and Attach Video MMS bug in Velocity 1.1?

G

gaetawoo

hi everyone.

I recently installed Velocity 1.1 on my wife and mine's phone. they run great but we do a bit of MMS-ing to each other with "Attach Audio" and they are coming out as different file formats than normal as though the recording program is doing something different. neither of us can hear each other's recordings, and i looked at the file itself that she sent to me and it's a .qcp file instead of AMR.

also, the attach video transmits but doesn't play audio on the other phone. photos are fine though. they seem to be able to be played on the phone they were made on, but not through the computer and not on the phone then are sent to. Can anyone help? is this just a bug in Velocity, or can the original sound recorder program be flashed on to it, replacing this newer one.

if i send myself an MMS with attach audio, I can play the one that i receive. also, I can play all my previous recordings made when i was on stock froyo on my computer because I have the codec, but the new recordings i've made while on velocity I cannot play, even though they are AMR. it seems like the encoding somehow is changed, and then for some reason when it gets transmitted to another phone, it changes the "container" from amr to qcp. I don't know what is going on. if someone else can test this and confirm, that'd be great. I would love this to get fixed in Velocity 1.2. Maybe it's just an issue with the recording program.

another consideration is maybe it is the Messaging app that is loaded into Velocity. I think it's the Cyanogen one instead of stock. Could that be the issue also?

Help me Ally gurus! You're my only hope!

-update. I flashed stock sound recorder and messaging and from my end... my recordings are playable on my computer again. but from my wife's end who still has the velocity messaging app and also sound recorder, she still cannot hear anything. tonight i plan to flash the stock apps to her phone also and try again. if that doesn't work, then i am at a loss. I'd hate to go back to Stock Rom after loving the speed of velocity, but this is something we do a lot.

The culprit was the velocity messaging app. I did try just the stock sound recorder and that didn't fix the mms problem (it did fix the problem of making amr's that were incompatible with my computer which normal amrs had no problem). once i change the messaging app however, it worked. The answer is the messaging app of the one who is receiving the MMS with audio (whether video or sound). So i flashed both stock recorder and stock messaging to mine and my wife's phone and everything now works both ways.

Upvote 0
that may be, but with the velocity mms, it wouldn't switch back to something readable by android, the amr. the stock one does switch it, or does something. i honestly have no idea what it does or what is going on. those are the things that i observed. thanks atc3030 for the flashables!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones