• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Making a shortcut to playing a specific audio/video file

andfo

May 26, 2015
My android phone will open the camera app if I double press the power button quickly twice. I want to remove this shortcut and also, instead, I want to make it such that, if I long-press the power button, then a file (usually audio or video file, but can be anything) that I chose last time will automatically play. If it's an audio or video file, then it should automatically start playing. Is this possible without making a new file? Is there an app that makes it possible to create this already?

My android phone will open the camera app if I double press the power button quickly twice. I want to remove this shortcut and also, instead, I want to make it such that, if I long-press the power button, then a file (usually audio or video file, but can be anything) that I chose last time will automatically play. If it's an audio or video file, then it should automatically start playing. Is this possible without making a new file? Is there an app that makes it possible to create this already?
here is what @Dannydet was talking about:

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones