1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

attempting to flash rom, UPS died, phone partially bricked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thejerk, Jul 7, 2013.

1. thejerk

thejerk Member

so i was updating the rom on my phone (boost galaxy s2 flashed to cricket, rooted) and my silly UPS decided to completely power off while odin was doing its thing.

needless to say, im now faced with the 'firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again'.

kies doesnt detect it but i am able to see the phone in Odin with a yellow com port.

i backed up my phone like a good boy, so all is not lost i hope. problem is i cannot get into recovery or download mode.

phone is mode sph d710bst by the computer, sph d710 under the battery. was on 4.0.4, dont care if i lose data (all backed up anyways).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thejerk

thejerk Member

fixed it (barely).

i reflashed the agat recovery that i used when rooting and bam, booting again.

3. exgenmeikoj

exgenmeikoj Android Enthusiast

I've had this issue as well. The only thing was i was able to get into download mode while recovery was borked haha. Needless to say i had to flash 9 times el26 cwm just to get the kernel to go in and it wouldn't it get to that part and say fail!.
    After using gb27 no data i kept forcing it to go in till finally after my 12th flash it got past the kernel and went on to hidden.IMG i know how you feel :p

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews