• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AUB3 update for Global S21 series

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
This latest update is the 4th for the Global, Exynos, S21 series and is currently being rolled out by Samsung.

The Galaxy S21 Global, Exynos, devices that will receive this update are...
  • S21 5G model SM-G981B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B
This latest release replaces the G99*BXXU1AUAC January build.

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you

Changelog
  • February security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
  • The performance of Camera has been improved
  • Overall stability of functions improved
  • The security of your device has been improved
The update = G99*BXXU1AUB3

Build date = 03 February 2021

Release date = 04 February 2021

Camera version = 11.0.02.44

One UI version = 3.1

Android Security patch = February 2021

This is the 4th stable update in +8 days

Last edited:
Samsung AUB3 update...

Uj47hbqh.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I must say, I am loving this latest firmware update, AUB3, for the global Exynos model.

Scrolling is slicker and faster. Too soon to give a definitive view on battery life as I have only had the update for 3 days and still on my 2nd charge but I can say that it is no worse than before... which was pretty blooming good. I have also noticed that there is an improvement in the signal from the updated modem/baseband of the Exynos 2100, the first one to have a built-in 5G modem.

I have not had a chance to check out the camera but other users are reporting a definite improvement with less shutter lag and heat whilst in use.

At the moment, this latest release is for the non-carrier branded CSC codes, as usual, and will soon be followed by the carrier branded devices in the next few days or so.

TOP TIP: After this update, follow best practice and perform a cache partition wipe to get rid of any detritus from the old firmware.

Nice one Samsung... loving this update!
biggrin.png

Upvote 0
If you have the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G or S21+ 5G models, you may want to hold off this AUB3 update with the February Android Security patch.

According to a report from SamMobile...

"All the customer complaints come from people who own the Exynos variant, though it should be stressed that the issue most likely stems from software rather than Samsung’s new hardware. And according to some users, the battery might be draining at an accelerated rate due to an issue with cellular connectivity."

This issue does not appear to affect the Galaxy S21 Ultra according to SamMobile and I can confirm this. from my own experience.

To-date, Samsung has only rolled out this firmware update to their stock, non-carrier, branded firmwares which could indicate that they may either issue a hotfix or wait until the March Android Security patch.

Here is the SamMobile article in full...

Galaxy S21 February security patch is reportedly causing battery life issues

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones