• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audible Selection Volume Bug - Lock Screen Volume

fluxbox

Sep 23, 2010
After the recent update to 3.70.651.1 which was done via WIFI OTA to my device on the 20th of Dec, 2010....All things were fine and dandy. Enter 2011 - Jan 2nd.

All things are working well, its now 9:34 PM - Checked Email , GOOD, Checked other things GOOD...

Now it's 12:00 January 3rd, CST - TX. All audible volumes are 1/3 actual normal level. Checked all apps, checked all histories and settings, STILL DOES NOT GO Up.

Reset , power reset, Battery Removal and restart. NOTHING.

After 20 min of reading and finding this is happneing more and more, I resorted to the HARD RESET -

FIXED - However lost all data, no matter to me, as this is was not an issue.
Majority of information on the phone was backed up in some shape or form to another device or laptop or server.

Not sure if the update is to blame or 3rd party app, but can say this much, factory hard reset works.

Just letting you all know in case you encounter this.

*BACK EVERYTHING YOU HAVE*

Then do hard reset.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones