• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio and video randomly pauses = super annoying

Greg Wood

Lurker
Mar 9, 2017
So, I think I've read every post there is to read on this issue. A lot of people have the problem and none have reported a fix, as far as I can tell.

On my S5 running 6.0.1 audio/video playback will pause every few minutes for no reason. It is not a connection issue as it happens whether I am streaming or playing downloaded content. It is not a Bluetooth issue as it happens whether I am using a Bluetooth device (or wired headphones) or not. All motion/gesture settings are turned off. I have turned all power saving off, and it still happens. All software that has voice triggers are turned off, like Google and S Voice. I have unhidden the developer options and limited background processes, and it still happens. I've downloaded System Monitor and OS Monitor and looked for a process that is interrupting the phone and neither show anything. I've factory reset the phone and the problem eventually returned. The phone has no other issues but this one.

It's the worst. A song will be playing and right in the middle stop. I have to go to the phone and hit play. The next song will play through and then it will happen again. It happens every two to ten minutes.

Does anyone know what is going on here? If it is a 3rd party app, is there any good way to find out which one? Your insight would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Best,

Reactions: feliciaannhoneycutt
Unfortunately I don't have a fix, but I think I finally nailed down what caused the problem, at least for my phone. I had this same issue with my ZMAX PRO to the point where I sent the phone to ZTE for repair (which they did, for free.. I just had to pay to ship it).. My phone has been fine for 2 months.. today I went for a run and used a running app that tracks my progress via GPS. Immediately upon turning GPS tracking on, Pandora started f'ing PAUSING AGAIN (so.freakin.IRRITATING). Mind you, I haven't used GPS (location is always on though) since I got the phone back and it's been working perfectly fine. And I remember back when I was first having this issue, I was using GPS tracking a lot. GPS is now off, but the problem persists. I've sent a message to ZTE USA and I'm waiting to see what they say. I was going to go buy a new phone tomorrow (even though I just got this one in November), but if people with other phones are having the problem, I don't see the point. I really don't want to have to switch to Apple, but I use Youtube, Pandora, Netflix, Audible, and the Amazon Prime Video apps A LOT. This phone will end up smashed on the ground.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones