• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio Output via xProDock and Car Stereo

martyjward

Mar 23, 2012
I have an iBolt xProDock with the active cable that should allow me to output audio from my Note 4 to the car stereo.

From an email I have received from iBolt

A. To use the "aux-out" feature and have "DockMode" turned on, go into "Settings-Accessory" and select all three options. The 1st setting is for sound when phone is inserted into Dock, the 2nd setting is for aux-out to car-speakers and the third is for starting the DockMode compatible Apps like iBOLT Dock'n Drive....

What I can't find are the 2nd / 3rd options, just the Play sounds on dock option.

The phone is definatly registering being docked as i get the dock sound and a notification message - just can't get the audio to work :thinking:

Anyone got any ideas?

I have an iBolt xProDock with the active cable that should allow me to output audio from my Note 4 to the car stereo.

From an email I have received from iBolt

What I can't find are the 2nd / 3rd options, just the Play sounds on dock option.

The phone is definatly registering being docked as i get the dock sound and a notification message - just can't get the audio to work :thinking:

Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, those were removed from the Note 4. I can live without the car dock mode, but the desk dock is where my phone spends most of its life. I think I'll be going back to the Note 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones