• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio output

CRob1974

Lurker
Jul 24, 2023
Hi I have a problem with my audio output on my Android tablet. This is my setup from my tablet:

Tablet - USB C adaptor - USB audio adapter - headphones (out) piano (in)

I can hear streaming audio but can't hear the piano even though the piano is being registered by Yousician.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi I have a problem with my audio output on my Android tablet. This is my setup from my tablet:

Tablet - USB C adaptor - USB audio adapter - headphones (out) piano (in)

I can hear streaming audio but can't hear the piano even though the piano is being registered by Yousician.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
what tablet do you have? not all usb ports on devices support audio output. most are for charging and file transfer.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Hi the tablet is a Blackview pro 7.

I find it strange the USB-in sound (that I can view on the Yousician volume meter so I know it's going in) can not be pumped out via either the USB-out or the dedicated tablet headphone socket.

The tablet is hearing the sound so why can't I? It's as if I need to activate a sound channel or something. As I said before I can hear streaming audio. I just don't understand.

*** Update ***
I am sending this piano back and I have just ordered one with built in MIDI capability as well as AUX so maybe I will have more luck. Also if all else fails I could try Bluetooth.

That all being said does anyone know of an android app that allows the switching and mixing of sound channels on an Android tablet ?

Thanks

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Hi the tablet is a Blackview pro 7.

I find it strange the USB-in sound (that I can view on the Yousician volume meter so I know it's going in) can not be pumped out via either the USB-out or the dedicated tablet headphone socket.

The tablet is hearing the sound so why can't I? It's as if I need to activate a sound channel or something. As I said before I can hear streaming audio. I just don't understand.

*** Update ***
I am sending this piano back and I have just ordered one with built in MIDI capability as well as AUX so maybe I will have more luck. Also if all else fails I could try Bluetooth.

That all being said does anyone know of an android app that allows the switching and mixing of sound channels on an Android tablet ?

Thanks

Presumably your electronic piano's internal speaker being muted when you plug the headphone jack into the USB? Does your electronic piano have a line-out jack in addition to the headphone jack, as that may not mute the internal speaker?

I think you need something called audio pass through, where you can hear and monitor the audio on the line-in or mic-in, which is not available on Android AFAIK, but can usually be enabled with computers.

All Yousician's FAQ says about this: "Yousician listens with your device’s microphone while you play an instrument or sing."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi sorry I'm not sure how to quote properly so message directed at mikedt:

I've just received the new piano (midi and aux) what you have said sounds worth investigating but I haven't even got it out the box yet. I will need a day or two to check things over and try a few things so please keep an eye on this thread. I will update as soon as. Thanks.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, don't bother carrying on this thread. New piano had missing parts. Sending it all back and giving up the piano dream. Going back to learning the guitar. Thanks again all. Bye
well don't leave. come back and hangout with us. we have other forums other than android and devices. checkout our other forums:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones