• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 8 - no audio when connecting phone to TV via HDMI cable

rbjhb

Sep 2, 2012
I bought the correct Samsung-branded USB-C to HDMI cable in order to mirror my phone screen and audio on the TV at my AirBnB while on holiday. I used this successfully on both my Galaxy Note 10 and my Galaxy Note 8 - audio and video both worked. That TV was a Smart TV, but not a Samsung. Now I'm back home with my non-smart TV, and the cable works fine with my Note 10, but I can't get audio from my Note 8. The screen mirrors fine, but when the HDMI cable is connected, there is no audio from either the TV or the phone itself. When I switch to Samsung Dex, the audio does come through the phone, but not through the TV. The problem is that I can't resize the app to fullscreen when using Samsung Dex, so I'd rather just use screen mirroring. Any solution as to how I can get the audio to work? Thanks.

Reactions: AugieTN
Thanks. I'll think about it. I don't live in the US so unfortuantely can't make use of the phenomenal deals you guys get on tech. The latest Chromecast is around $55 here. I see a lot of "3rd Gen" ones listed that are much more affordable - could I go fr one of these?
i still have my 3rd gen running on one of my tvs with no issues.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones