• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with linking phone to my TV

Ned W

Lurker
Sep 29, 2023
I have a free government phone that I'm trying to hook up to my non- smart tv and the USB c HDMI cable I bought doesn't work with my phone and every cable seller I've talked to says theirs won't work with my phone so what am I doing wrong? My phone is a Moto G Power XT2165DL
Thanks!

yeah your usb port on your phone is probably only setup for data transfer and charging. it is most likely not setup for any kind of media output.

probably the easiest would be to get a chromecast. you can cast your entire phone screen to the tv if you like as well as stream movies and videos. the latest chromecast even comes with remote. it is super easy to set up and you do not need any cables running from your phone to the tv.

Upvote 0
Many thanks again for the help and the various options The USB c to HDMI cable would be the best way for me but having tried that once and finding the cable I purchased incompatible, my final question is : does anyone know of a specific brand of cable(s) that would actually work for my particular phones ( Moto G Power XT 2165 DL and a Stratus_C7)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones