• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Audio problem

carjon

Lurker
May 7, 2012
Has anybody else had this problem, on my one x the fm radio app power button turns off all sound on phone, the only way I have found to keep sound on the phone is to pull out the headset while fm radio is still turned on.
Is this a faulty app or a bug in the software.
Thankyou for any help provided.

I have tried clearing cache.
I do not have any apps controlling the sound.
After contacting HTC support, I tried soft resetting phone and using other headset it did not make any difference.
It seems that the power switch on FM radio, when turned off turns off the sound on the phone.
The sound stays on if I pull headset out of socket, wihout turning off FM radio.

Upvote 0
HI Guys,

I use a 3rd party task killer and just added FM Radio and FMRadioService to the apps in the whitelist and then the service does not get killed when I press the power button or when a ram refresh occurs.

Am now able to listen to the radio even with the screen off.

<unable to post image as I am new to the forum>. Check attachment.

Hope it works for you.

KR
DR

Attachments

• 2012-06-27 09.31.36.jpg
    2012-06-27 09.31.36.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones