• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Audio Streaming

AndyGee

Lurker
Feb 15, 2011
Looking for any clues as to why radio/podcasts that are rock solid on my pc won't stream smoothly when I'm on my verizon Galaxy.
I bought the phone largely so that I could stream audio in my workshop, since Verizon comes in well but my favorite FM radio stations don't...
Sometimes I think I'm the only person who uses an Android to listen to streaming audio- there are tons of threads on video, photos, and so on-
Has anyone found a reliable streaming app?
I use Radiotime, NPR's app, and something called npr news, and they all go for a while then start acting up- stalling, losing signal, and so on. I average 2 bars in the shop.
Thanks for any ideas!
I should add that this is talk streaming- enough about music streaming already! :)
Andy

It works quite well on wifi, and I actually tend to get much better speeds out in the shop in the daytime, thanks for the info.
However, the apps all tend to stall- NPR's looks good but is fairly useless, the Xii thing mentioned above couldn't find any of my NPR stations, so as pretty as it is, it's useless too.
Do I have to give up being well informed and just listen to Pandora, the same sixteen songs over and over?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones