• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Landscape

Does this phone do it? Is there a a magic setting that I'm missing.

Whereabouts?

If you're talking about the home screen and/or app drawer, per stock android, it does not.

If you're talking about the browser, a music app, or many random apps, then yes, it should do it all automatically.

If you're trying to get the home screen and/or app drawer to auto rotate, rooting or a replacement home screen should do the trick.

Upvote 0
Aquaitious is right when I saw your post I decided to do some research and here is what I found. In the market there is a replacement home screen called GDE I like the way it is setup and you can get a ton of customized themes for it like windows 7 or I think I saw one for the nexus and my favorite is the chrome one. And best of all you can use it in landscape mode and you can use up to 7 screens and you can pick which one is the home screen. You should try it let me know if you like it. And thanks for bringing it up because I love the way this new one is and I did not even think of it.

Charlie

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones