• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto sync does not work on 3g

SebastianD

Lurker
Aug 15, 2014
Solved by factory reset. Still do not know what was causing the problem.

Hello all,

I have recently purchased the Z1 compact and love the phone.

However, I've recently noticed that some apps won't auto-sync over 3/4g. For instance my Email app refuses to connect to the server, downloaded the outlook one and that connects just fine. I.e. I don't believe it's the connections fault. My web browser works, and connects to my email account without fuss.

Also noticed that instagram was holding back notifications until I connected to wifi. If I try to install apps from play.google.com from a computer, the app will not start downloading until I connect to wifi. My yahoo weather app does the, only auto-updates on wifi.

Somehow facebook messenger will notify me off new messages. My whatsapp works swell as does my viber.

Please advise on what to do?

I have made sure that auto-sync is enabled. I have not Restricted Background data. I have not reached my data limit. I've deleted and reinstalled my internet settings a few times, there is no address on the proxy field.

I am usually able to solve most of these things on my own, and if not, google will always be able to find an answer. This time hours of googling have not resulted in any improvement. I am at a complete loss...

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

// The confused Swede Sebastian

Hey confused Sebastian, I have the same problem as you with my Android, I have this issue from when I changed the language in my phone.
Have you changed this configuration?

I've been thinking about factory reset tonight.

My apps (whatsapp, facebook, gmail, etc. has no sync on 3G, only when I'm connected on WiFi)

Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish.

// Confused Ecuadorian Lenin

*Edited: I have Moto G (4.4.3)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones