• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatic call answering or hands free calls for Lollipop

since the keyboard etc are always "listening" too :thumbsupdroid:
Keyboard doesn't have to do anything until you tap in an editable field. Ok Google has to keep the mic on the whole time screen is on, and devote some cpu to continuously processing that audio signal to decide whether that sounds is "ok Google"or just me releasing some gaseous remnants of last night's beans :)

It is surprising it doesn't use more power. Big G must have put some sharp cookies on that programming job.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Keyboard doesn't have to do anything until you tap in an editable field. Ok Google has to keep the mic on the whole time screen is on, and devote some cpu to continuously processing that audio signal to decide whether that sounds is "ok Google"or just me releasing some gaseous remnants of last night's beans :)

It is surprising it doesn't use more power. Big G must have put some sharp cookies on that programming job.
Lmao. Yeah mate :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: electricpete
Upvote 0
Even hands free, I would not place a call when driving my car.

Do you know why "OK Google" does not work for incoming calls?
I have set "OK Google" to "From any screen".
I don't know why they haven't made that a feature yet tbh. It would make sense.
Maybe it will come in a future Google Search app update?

Upvote 0
I am looking for same solution here, my brother is 100% disabled, but he can talk. So I thought that I buy him Motorola moto X with android 5.1.1. Now I have problems app Auto speaker works at all times except when you place call with Moto app (ok, Moto Now). Then I needed an app that answer calls in x seconds, so that if he doesn't manage to answer (Moto app tells you who is calling and if you wanna answer), there is back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones