• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Autostarts on Droid X

I use it, its useful to keep things like city ID from popping up without messing with the apk itself.

Basically the app gives you a listing of criteria ("after start up", "SMS sent", etc.) and shows you what process would start when the criteria is meant. Some annoying bloat apps like Amazon mp3 are set to start at random times like "when location changes". You can go through each criteria and switch off the process/app from starting. I've had it for awhile and I dont think its detrimental in any way as long as you dont go crazy or stop an important system app from running. It also doesnt permanently stop an app from working. I can set amazon mp3 to not start when my location changes but could still start it normally whenever I want.

Upvote 0
I believe its only a dollar, and as far as I know, the only way of preventing certain apps or processes from starting under a specific condition. Not all of them are from bloat apps, built-in ones like music launch at certain times as well. Its not just changing what starts when you turn on your phone.

Sorry, I still dont understand what your saying I think lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones