• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] Clockwork Recovery Mod files - Installable to a different Avail?

NeoDraven

Feb 24, 2012
While I have no idea how to write scripts or change kernels or make custom ROMs, I HAVE been tinkering with this phone to the extent of my current technological prowess.

In doing so, I have managed to create a Clockwork Recovery Mod backup that eliminates all of the bloatware, includes Go Launcher Ex as the default launcher, and has other fun apps, including the following;

.Andy
Bar Code Scanner
Blue Orbs Theme for Go Launcher Ex
Barcode Scanner
Cache Clear
Car Locator
DropBox
ES File Explorer
GO Switch Widget
Google Voice
Hulu Plus (isn't even supposed to work on the Avail, but it does)
Ivona Text-to-Speech with the UK Amy voice pack
Lucky Patcher
Maps
Manga Watcher
No-Frills CPU Control
Opera Mini Next
Player Pro (with Dark Skin)
RepliGo Reader
Sense Analog Small Glass
Ultimate Tabs
Titanium Backup Pro (with TBPatcher)
TuneIn Radio Pro
Voice Search

It's essentially my own version of a proper stock system without all the bloatware and useless memory hogs. The Bootsound has been removed entirely.

My question is, would I be able to use this recovery folder that I made using CWM on a different Avail, or is it specific just to my phone?

If so, I would like to share this with others, and see what they think.

It already has the Kernel.1 that anthony062991 made, so it is capable of being overclocked to 864MB. It also has CWM installed already.

Would this be something I could upload for others to try out?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones