• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM-Cwm-Backup] Lg Motion Firmware_F Very Stripped

rhino889a

Android Expert
May 30, 2012
Somewhere in the Internet
Ok,I have 3 lg Motions
I know for sure that one will never be used as a cell phone again.
I wanted to strip it down for Room,Memory,Battery use.

I removed
All GAPPS except the libs (Framework included),
widevine,drm,dive,backup and backup manager,almond,net location,qualcom vzw loc libraries (anything else from framework i may forgot to mention) stopped the services.
All bloatware and hidden libs apps(factory test menus)
This comes with almost NOTHING .THIS A PROJECT ROM
You get the Stock
Launcher,package helper and installer,alarm clock,camera n gallery,settings,lg keyboard,web browser and a couple other things.(onemobile market)
You will need to customize this yourself with your own apps. as playstore is removed and wont function if you just installed it
sensors are disabled but can be renabled

Though i wont use the Cell radio,i left it intact to connect to the towers to sync - Date and Time.
i highly doubt gps works

it comes with a batch of init.d settings.
Other than that nothing is modded.

Bugs
After a Factory Reset,Home button fails,and airplane Mode disapears from the boot Menu.
So after a factory reset or Data Wipe,you will need to boot into the rom to let it build the data go to revovery and wipe dalvic and cache and flash the Settings .db Zip file provided
reboot and issues are fixed

Bug 2
in settings when you go to Volumes the setting app freezes.But these can be aceesed through 3rd party apps fine, i provided a free copy of Quick Settings that will adjust these settings
Also when youtry to access alarm sounds through the alarm clock it freezes though the alarm does work (stuck on alarm tone 4) pretty sure another alarm app will work just fine

I installed a few free apps to help you get started
i installed as system apps incase you do a factory reset
(not necessary after first install as this backup is right after a factory reset and settings fix flash
Free apps included
root browser,sd maid,zip me,media rescan,kernel tuner a few others

this boots up with over 500 meg memory free
and over 500 meg system space available
got a 16995 on antutu benchmark test

has supersu and busybox 1.21
also has 2nd init recovery version 2. the app is not installed. to boot into 2nd init recovery, tap the back arrow rapidly when booting
i believe the backup includes the recovery, which is Pgs cwm
hold power and volume down when booting
do this untill you get the factory reset display, press power button twice and will boot into cwm

i did all this from my phone only
if anybody wants to theme or customize this and share ;FEEL FREE

in a day or so i will have a new init.d system with more tweaks and
realtime profile availabilty

CREDITS
LG or whoever wrote their Stock version f rom
Pathkick for his lte2vu2 2nd init cwm recovery.(system files only App is not installed
PlayfullGod as i believe this installs his stock cwm over the Factory reset image
Bard For his Stock Kernel with security checks removed and the Esteem Bootlogo
And Me for Removing what was never intended to be removed ( Google would have me EXECUTED for this)

Installation
I recomend being on version F but may not be needed
Unzip the package
Move the Backup to your Clockworkmod Backup folder
(make sure you only have the folder containing the backup files

Factory reset may not hurt
Flash my backup through recovery
reboot system

Factory reset is not needed
as this backup is right after a Reset
I simply flashed the Settings fix
added a total black .jpg to System/media
and set it as wallpaper and lockscreen background (saves Battery)

Note
I recomend you use the installed app Zipme to make a flashable copy of your Build.prop
I RECOMMEND NEVER USING A BUILd.PROP FROM ANY OTHER ROM AS I SHUT OFF A FEW SERVICES THROUGH THE BUILD PROP.THOSE FUNCTIONS ARE REMOVED
A BUILD.PROP WITH THOSE SERVICES TURNED ON MIGHT CAUSE SOME SORT OF FREAKOUT

This comes without init.d activated but i have an init.d folder with many tweaks(i removed the cpu and govenor files)
If you flash Gametheorys latest kernel this folder will run all settings at boot
REmove anything or all as you like

I would hope somebody experienced with flashing and unbrick be the first to use this
I flashed many times even the backup zip to make sure

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2a19wfrvcrhl8y/LgMotion.Vers.f_Stripped_Bard.Kernel.zip

To get into 2nd init cwm
Simply rapidly tap the BackArrow while booting
As the second lg logo loads you will notice the recivery flicker in the background
Hit volume down a couple times till recovery shows

Reactions: alfick3
This has been dificult and painstaking. Being a Service Device nothing acts on its own and talks to everybody.
Remove one thing and something seeminhly unrelated works correctly.Then bactracking to find what caused the error.Designed as a Service Device it was intended to always be connected and Airplane Mode was just momentary.
But actually when you go into Airplane Mode. Half the phone doesnt know.The radio services are still running.
Setvices and apps are still talking to each other writing cache and logs Some are still trying to access the transmitter.
Then theres Google.It never sleeps. It is always talking and listening.It knows everything you do and tells its servers or stores logs untill it can.
So i had alot of issues there.

Upvote 0
So i am still working on this. My latest backup is even lighter runs smooth and battery is awesome
But i found a glitch
at 15 percent battery phone acts weird But runs fine iafter a minute after you plug it in
So i tracked down the cause
drmserver
an applet in system/bin
i changed the perms to all zero
to fix it change perms to same as the rest of the applets there
or flash this zip

Attachments

• drm.zip
    143.1 KB · Views: 173
Upvote 0
For those with an lg motion without service this may be what you need
I am still whiddling away
starting to tweak it out and add a few mods

So last night i was screwing with this phone from about 9pm till about 10am this morning
And i was connected to wifi and surfing (also many small downloads) The Whole Time
I Had 2 batteries that were bothh close to fully charged
I ran them both down to 14 and 18 percent
I am still homeless drank a shitload of cofee and sat behind a wherehouse (hijacking thier internet) all night and half the morning tweaking on it
it was dark so i had brightness at low

Upvote 0
Google no longer owns,runs or contols this LgMotion !

this is even more stripped now
cne is gone
the framework is now down to what init calls for only
the sound profile glitch is corrected
the original launcher and keyboard is gone
the only stock apps left is settings and gallery(which provideds camera and camcorder)
it has Xsposed framework patch ...xad,xbutton actions and xprivacy modules
and the black and white system ui Demon modified
fixed sync
has 7 bootable init.d profiles
6 realtime run init.d profiles
modified BootBuddy with 3 profiles
4 sysctl.conf 2 bootable and 2 run realtime
Runs very smooth and clean
there is a ton of room in the system ! if you needed you could put alot of apps there

Let me know if interested!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones