• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] No ICS JB for Avail but CM 10/10.1 for ZTE Blade?

let me just say that I resent the idea that we don't have dedicated devs for our device... I mean really. there are several of us who have blown it open.

and there are multiple reasons there isnt any ics or jb port--nubmber one the hardware is lacking. even if a port was created it would run so slow it would be worthless. secondly the device configuration in the msm7x27 kernel source has to be extensively edited and revised while still allowing it to build without errors of which there are many when its tampered with. as a matter of fact the kernel and its source are what stand in the way of most all desired mods for our device.

its not as simple as you think. nor does it happen that fast. it can take some time even on a fast machine to build and test and revise and rebuild and retest. not to mention the wear on the device from such.

you couldn't imagine how many things I've built that have never made it to release. the same goes for the other devs as well.

get your source up and join the club is all I can tell ya. the rest of us said we could do it better and we did. get on github and start downloading. and pretty much forget most all how tos you find. trial and error and hands on are the only ways to learn it and do it. cmd cheat sheets help too once you figure it out.

g'luck

Upvote 0
let me just say that I resent the idea that we don't have dedicated devs for our device... I mean really. there are several of us who have blown it open.

and there are multiple reasons there isnt any ics or jb port--nubmber one the hardware is lacking. even if a port was created it would run so slow it would be worthless. secondly the device configuration in the msm7x27 kernel source has to be extensively edited and revised while still allowing it to build without errors of which there are many when its tampered with. as a matter of fact the kernel and its source are what stand in the way of most all desired mods for our device.

its not as simple as you think. nor does it happen that fast. it can take some time even on a fast machine to build and test and revise and rebuild and retest. not to mention the wear on the device from such.

you couldn't imagine how many things I've built that have never made it to release. the same goes for the other devs as well.

get your source up and join the club is all I can tell ya. the rest of us said we could do it better and we did. get on github and start downloading. and pretty much forget most all how tos you find. trial and error and hands on are the only ways to learn it and do it. cmd cheat sheets help too once you figure it out.

g'luck

What I meant about no devs is there aren't many that are playing with source building. I don't mean to discount the devs outside this group by any means, but I'm talking specifically raw coded ROM building.

Anyways, you are correct. Anyone want to help? Pick up your keyboard and start helping.

Upvote 0
What I meant about no devs is there aren't many that are playing with source building. I don't mean to discount the devs outside this group by any means, but I'm talking specifically raw coded ROM building.

Anyways, you are correct. Anyone want to help? Pick up your keyboard and start helping.

i was actually referring / responding to micallan_17 as you are one of the several devs i was defending as being dedicated ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones