• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AWEstruck Kernel Settings and Review

Great writeup here! Ive been busy as all get out lately and won't be able to experiment much right now but when I can, I'm 100% sure this will be a humongous help.
Best of luck to you boss! Please report your results back to me and let me know how your getting along. I'm here for any questions and concerns you might have

Upvote 0
i can at this clock umtill i run quardent i put the voltz were u said u did and other settigs
1.9 is hit or miss sometimes. I too have had freezes and force closes once trying to run Quadrant, sometimes even before. Usually this happens once it gets to the graphics portion of the test. My assumption is that somewhere the in GPU driver is not getting enough power at that clock and above which causes the freak outs. Again, this is only a theory by someone not experienced enough to build a kernel myself but going off of repeated results and observations as well as limited knowledge reading logs. spock1104 can give more insight on this

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
i
1.9 is hit or miss sometimes. I too have had freezes and force closes once trying to run Quadrant, sometimes even before. Usually this happens once it gets to the graphics portion of the test. My assumption is that somewhere the in GPU driver is not getting enough power at that clock and above which causes the freak outs. Again, this is only a theory by someone not experienced enough to build a kernel myself but going off of repeated results and observations as well as limited knowledge reading logs. spock1104 can give more insight on this
think ur on somthimg there quadrent will stop on the first 8 then freze im still playing with it if i can fnd slocks first oc kernal it alowed me to run 1.9 no problems amd fast

Upvote 0
i

think ur on somthimg there quadrent will stop on the first 8 then freze im still playing with it if i can fnd slocks first oc kernal it alowed me to run 1.9 no problems amd fast
Be aware, if memory serves correct up until 1.05 the frequency table was incorrect. Again, I'm not sure if this information is correct. Something else spock1104 can elaborate on

Upvote 0
Edit: Realized this was for AweStruck and Ive cluttered it up with a different kernal errrrr

I just ran Quadrant on 6 clock speeds from 1.13 to 1.72ghz. I sat all clock speeds identically for both cores so if core 1 was at 1.13, so was core 2. My high results came at 1.72 and though I do have my cases off the Awe at this time, it seems to be running smooth. The 2nd attachment is a small table of the results achieved at each clock speed I tried.

At this point, I'm not sure where to go. These results were achieved on CM11 with a number of apps installed, xposed mods, and such on kernal 3.4.0-g7147dff from PhenomX4. I believe that it our standard CM11 kernal so one possibility might be trying the new AweStruck kernal. I'm fine with how my Awe is running at the moment so I'm not too worried about updating kernals but its possible. I do have more interest in perhaps smoothing over the work I have done. As far as the additional settings go, is there anything I should do? I did all this using 3c CPU Manager rather than Trickster, which came with CM11. I've heard many here it seems that prefer Trickster but 3c seemed friendlier to me but I'm open to Trickster, particularly if theres a reason. Keeping the Awe cool is another issue I've been thinking about thus why I have my cases off. I've removed the covers that someone discovered a while back (did not do drilling aspect.) Any further help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I'd like to say that this guide was very informative and helpful. This forum here is just wonderful period.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-01-01-57-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-01-01-57-08.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 1425193490399401093582.jpg
    1425193490399401093582.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: Realized this was for AweStruck and Ive cluttered it up with a different kernal errrrr

I just ran Quadrant on 6 clock speeds from 1.13 to 1.72ghz. I sat all clock speeds identically for both cores so if core 1 was at 1.13, so was core 2. My high results came at 1.72 and though I do have my cases off the Awe at this time, it seems to be running smooth. The 2nd attachment is a small table of the results achieved at each clock speed I tried.

At this point, I'm not sure where to go. These results were achieved on CM11 with a number of apps installed, xposed mods, and such on kernal 3.4.0-g7147dff from PhenomX4. I believe that it our standard CM11 kernal so one possibility might be trying the new AweStruck kernal. I'm fine with how my Awe is running at the moment so I'm not too worried about updating kernals but its possible. I do have more interest in perhaps smoothing over the work I have done. As far as the additional settings go, is there anything I should do? I did all this using 3c CPU Manager rather than Trickster, which came with CM11. I've heard many here it seems that prefer Trickster but 3c seemed friendlier to me but I'm open to Trickster, particularly if theres a reason. Keeping the Awe cool is another issue I've been thinking about thus why I have my cases off. I've removed the covers that someone discovered a while back (did not do drilling aspect.) Any further help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I'd like to say that this guide was very informative and helpful. This forum here is just wonderful period.
Not bad u can tweak some morebto get to 6200 aera need to play with 3c and go to developer options and check force GPU in 2 d

Upvote 0
Hey Dragon, is there a trick or special way that the Pure Audio has to be done to work? Only thing I can come up with is that although it says flash successful with TWRP, the topic where the apk is listed mentions using CWM. It wasn't said explicitly as only use CWM so I didn't figure TWRP to be an issue but perhaps it is.

Assuming that's not the issue, I'm not sure what's up. I originally thought all that was needed was to flash the Pure Audio zip and did so with TWRP. I couldnt find any indication I had flashed anything as couldnt find an app or equalizer or anything else showing I had flashed it. After reading more, I got the impression I needed both an app (Smart Player) and the mod. So I followed a link that I found with XDA, if I remember correct, and downloaded the Smart Player apk. The apk wouldn't install on my Awe with CM11 but would fine from play store. Tried the APK on a 2nd Awe running LAWE and it installed fine. No icons or anything to know that but it said successful so I moved on to flashing the zip on 2nd Awe. Successful again but once booted, couldn't find any icons or any way to access an equalizer within Smart Player (the store download.)

Am I missing something somewhere?

Upvote 0
Wow...didn't realize that. That came to my mind that perhaps there isn't an app or any other visual cue but didn't think that would be as it just doesn't make sense to me. I must have it going then and just not realize it. Im not an audiophile by any means though I do listen to music. I really like the idea of better sounding music but what Im really wondering is if I can make some of my mp3s louder (silly.) As far eliminating the conflicts between Pure Audio and DSP Manager, would freezing DSP work well? Or just simply not opening DSP and using the built in equalizer in Player Pro? If I remember correctly, I couldn't uninstall it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones