• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Back to the Eris - I NEED HELP

notaguru

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
S Cal
This is a craigslist Eris in new cosmetic condition. It worked perfectly before I wiped the previous owner's private data.

However, on boot it now goes to the Language screen, then to the "Activate or Emergency" screen -- I cannot get further. Pressing Home, etc. does nothing. It's never been rooted so there's no backup.

How do I get to the Android home page?

I've forgotten everything I knew from my Eris days. If I knew anything.

???

This is a craigslist Eris in new cosmetic condition. It worked perfectly before I wiped the previous owner's private data.

However, on boot it now goes to the Language screen, then to the "Activate or Emergency" screen -- I cannot get further. Pressing Home, etc. does nothing. It's never been rooted so there's no backup.

How do I get to the Android home page?

I've forgotten everything I knew from my Eris days. If I knew anything.

???

notaguru,

Sounds like your trying to get past the activation screen?

If so, check out this thread:

http://androidforums.com/eris-support-troubleshooting/179560-need-help-getting-pass-activation.html#post1991633

Mr. Shawdow's post #17 (http://androidforums.com/eris-support-troubleshooting/179560-need-help-getting-pass-activation.html#post1991633) seems to have a lot of success.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thanks. That led to the solution.

Touching the four corners won't work any longer, but hitting CALL then MENU does the trick.

Now to get rooted, and I'll have an Android microtablet and media player, and can stick minutes on it via PagePlus whenever we have a visitor from outside the US.

Terrific!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones