• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

back to the moto droid for time being

mach1man

Android Expert
Feb 22, 2010
woods of VA
Well I'm having a problem with my incredible not getting MMS, I get the message not downloaded- unknown error. I have already replaced the phone once but my replacement phone did the same thing, I have an open tech ticket and they couldn't even figure it out. They had to send it to upper level support, Verizon said that they and HTC were working on a fix for the phone. I love the incredible but cant stand the download problem so I activated my old moto Droid tell they figure it out. I miss the incredible already lol.

The keyboard is going to spoil me though. LOL

I get the same thing whenever I get pics from Alltel subscribers. Makes my email sound with a little message icon with an ! in the notification bar and says unknown error BUT after clicking on it I am promted to download. So I get everyone , just have to manually download it.

If they are working on a fix I certainly wouldn't be sending the Incredible back. Who knows when they will be available again...

Upvote 0
yep I get the same thing. Unknown error then like a minute later the picture comes through, but this happens on every mms I get. They said that they are working hard to fix it for everyone

So, it works, you're just overly inconvenienced by an error message and a short wait?

BFD. Occasionally Gmail gives me an error when I try to send an e-mail. I don't shut down my PC and trek to the post office because of it.

Upvote 0
So, it works, you're just overly inconvenienced by an error message and a short wait?

BFD. Occasionally Gmail gives me an error when I try to send an e-mail. I don't shut down my PC and trek to the post office because of it.

Its not that its a major problem but when you buy something new you want it to work properly. How would you like to buy a new car and then the ac not work, so you go back to the dealer and they say its no BFD roll down the windows. Yea you could roll them down but why when its new, they should fix it.

If you don't have any help for the problem then don't waste the time to post.

Reactions: mills23
Upvote 0
Its not that its a major problem but when you buy something new you want it to work properly. How would you like to buy a new car and then the ac not work, so you go back to the dealer and they say its no BFD roll down the windows. Yea you could roll them down but why when its new, they should fix it.

If you don't have any help for the problem then don't waste the time to post.

But the A/C does work. It just takes a minute, and at first the horn blows.

If Mercedes says "we're working on it" and I really like the car I'm not going to put it in the garage and drive my wife's Fiat until it's fixed.

Don't cut off the nose to spite the face.

Upvote 0
MMS failing altogether is a different problem. The OP stated that they do eventually work after an error message. I immediately tested on my phone since I don't have any special messaging apps installed and MMS works on my phone, albeit with an error message before the picture actually downloads. But it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones